Tuesday 23 February 2016

No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars



During times of stress I either don’t bake at all or bake a lot.  It feels like life can be a bit better with something under the cake some…

I plumped for a recipe from The Pioneer Woman Ree Drummond. No-bake peanut butter bars. I made this really for my daughter (and me….) because although the Hubby loves peanuts, he is not so keen on peanut butter.  These bars are so good. The recipe can be found here as it isn’t in a book yet, though I hope it will be at some point, as I have a fear of losing recipes on printed out bits of paper that we have enjoyed.

Due to this recipe hailing from the US it has vanilla wafers in it, I (being in the UK) substituted digestives, I also halved the recipe for a 7 inch square tin, and we all thought they turned out well.  Sophie kept lifting the cake dome lid and just inhaling the peanut butter and chocolate. I do let her eat them! Though probably not as many as she would like…Ha!  Hubby really liked them, which surprised me, but I reckon if someone who doesn’t really like peanut butter in the normal run of things like them, then they must be pretty good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment